Introduction to Xamarin Android
Xamarin.Android lets you build native Android applications. You can install Xamarin.Android on both a Mac or PC.
Xamarin.Android offers the following features :
- Access any Android API - Access any Android Java API from C# and also use the familiar C# syntax including support for async and LINQ.
- Xamarin Apps are Native Apps - Xamarin.Android uses just in time compilation and the resulting
apkis equivalent to an
apkdeveloped using Java.
- Call existing Java code from C# - Xamarin.Android allows you to bind your existing Java libraries and access them from C#.
- Build Android Wear Apps - Xamarin.Android supports the full API for Android Wear.
- Stay up-to-date with Android - Xamarin.Android stays up-to-date with the current Android APIs from Google, so you can always use the latest features.